As soon as we are aware of your emergency, our staff will seek to put you to the top of the priority list. If you have a serious toothache or injury to your mouth, call our offices without delay and schedule a same-day appointment.
If A Tooth Is Knocked Out
While you are waiting to get in, here are some steps you can take in the event of a dental emergency:
- Do not touch the tooth except by the crown (this is the chewing surface). Never touch the root.
- Gently rinse off the tooth in water. Use only water with no soap or chemicals. Rinse without scrubbing. Make an effort to dry the tooth and gently wrap the tooth in a tissue or cloth.
- Make an effort to reposition the missing tooth back into its socket as soon as you are able. The tooth will have a greater chance of survival if it is placed in the socket quickly. Hold the tooth gently in place with your finger or gently put pressure by biting down on it.
- Make every effort to keep the injured tooth moist. If you cannot put the tooth back into its socket, place the tooth in a cup of milk or in the cheek of your mouth. Don’t swallow it!
- Contact our office as quickly as possible. Make the call within 30 minutes if at all possible.
The faster you are treated, the better chance we have at saving your tooth and restoring your smile. If you are experiencing a dental emergency and live in the Roslyn, NY area, contact our office immediately!